CONDITIONS OF PURCHASE
Update published 6 October 2020 at 2pm
These terms and conditions apply to tickets purchased from Lighthouse. These terms and conditions do not and shall not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- Lighthouse offers tickets for sale and issues tickets on its own behalf and on behalf of external promoters and organisers.
- Tickets are non-refundable and we reserve the right to change timings/the programme/artists without notice.
- Tickets purchased are for personal use only. You may not re-sell, transfer or combine (or seek to re-sell, transfer or combine) tickets for commercial gain or profit. To do so could result in your tickets being cancelled without refund. If we suspect that your ticket has been purchased fraudulently we may cancel your booking. Any ticket that has been resold in such a manner shall become void and the ticket holder may be refused entry. Lighthouse will not be held responsible for any tickets purchased through unauthorised methods.
- A valid ticket must be produced to get into an event. Removing any part of, altering or defacing the ticket may invalidate your ticket.
- We are not responsible for any ticket that is lost, stolen or destroyed. Duplicates may be issued at the discretion of Lighthouse and a reasonable administration charge may be levied.
- The price of the ticket shall be the price set at the time we accept your order. We use dynamic pricing which means the price of tickets may vary, subject to demand. All prices set are inclusive of any applicable taxes.
- We use our best efforts to ensure that the prices of tickets displayed are correct. Despite our best efforts, sometimes tickets may be incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of a ticket you have ordered we will contact you to inform you of this error. You will have the option of continuing with the purchase at the correct price or cancelling your order.
- Fees are payable for the purchase of the ticket. This includes a booking fee which is payable for each ticket and a fulfilment fee which is only payable once for each order. Details of the fees payable for your event will be clearly set out during the booking process.
- If you are purchasing a ticket using a concession you will need to bring proof of identity and concession entitlement to the venue to gain entry.
- Your tickets may be sent via email or will be posted to the billing address of the debit/credit card holder. In certain circumstances it may be necessary to collect your tickets from the venue. If you are collecting your tickets from the venue, please bring your acknowledgement of order and the credit/debit card used to make the order with you.
- We aim to dispatch your tickets as soon as possible however we are not able to specify the exact date of dispatch. If you have not received your tickets 5 days prior to the event, please contact us with details of your booking.
- Restrictions may apply to the tickets. Certain events may not be appropriate for children and an age restriction will apply. Please note that where age restrictions apply we may refuse entry to anyone who is, or appears to be, under the applicable age.
CANCELLATION, POSTPONEMENT, RESCHEDULE
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase unless the performance is cancelled or rescheduled (subject to below) or where there is a material change to the programme of event. Where an event is cancelled or rescheduled (subject to below) by Lighthouse or the promoter, or due to circumstances beyond our control, or where there is a material change to the programme of the event, you will be entitled to claim a refund from us.
- A ‘material’ change is a change which, in our reasonable opinion, makes the event materially different to the event that purchasers of the ticket could reasonably expect. The use of understudies in a theatre performance shall not be a material change.
- Where a refund is sought due to cancellation, rescheduling or a significant change to the event, the refund will equal the 'event price' of the ticket but exclude the booking fee (commissions (cmsn)) or delivery fee and additional items including charitable donations and Ticket Refund Protection.
- Ticket Refund Protection. If your show is cancelled or moved you can carry the protection over to the new booking at no extra cost. If you believe you have added it in error to your order (ie you have purchased more Ticket Refund Protections than the number of tickets purchased) you can receive a refund as long as it's within two days of the purchase. If the show you have booked is cancelled the insurance premium you have paid is not refundable.
- If your event is postponed your ticket will be valid for the rescheduled date. If you are unable to attend the rescheduled date you can obtain a refund of the face value (also known as the established price or base ticket price) of the ticket. In order to claim your refund, please apply in writing via email to email@example.com or in person to Lighthouse, 21 Kingland Road, Poole BH15 1UG enclosing your unused tickets. You must inform Lighthouse within 14 days of the date of notification of the cancelled event. Unless this paragraph applies, tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase. In the event of a refund you will not be refunded the booking fee or the fulfilment fee.
- Refunds shall only be made to the person who purchased the tickets and, when possible, be made using the same method as was used to purchase the tickets. We can only refund the card that was originally used to pay. If your account is closed or you've had a replacement card and the refund still isn't appearing in your account after 15 days, please contact your card issuer.
- We may offer additional items for sale along with your ticket. If you would like to cancel any of these items you must return the items to us in a saleable condition within 14 days of the item being delivered to your nominated address. Where you have received the items, please return items in their original condition, unused, in their original packaging (with garment tags and any other security devices still attached) to Lighthouse, 21 Kingland Road, Poole BH15 1UG. We cannot refund the following items: drinks packages; charitable donations; VIP entry tickets; early entry tickets; after show parties; goody bags. This does not apply to faulty or incorrectly supplied goods or services where your statutory rights are unaffected.
- Personal arrangements including travel, accommodation or hospitality relating to the event which have been arranged by you are at your own risk. Liability for the cancellation or rescheduling of an event, or for material changes to an event, will be limited to the refund as set out above.
- No refunds will be offered to customers who are refused entry or ejected from a venue on account of late arrival, being or appearing to be under age, declining to be searched, abusive, threatening, drunken or other anti-social behaviour (including smoking in no smoking areas), carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, or making unauthorised audio, video or photographic recordings.
- Admission to an event is subject to the regulations and license of the venue. You will need to comply with health and safety rules, age restrictions and any security requirements. Lighthouse and/or the Ticket Supplier will have the right to refuse admission or eject you in certain circumstances and where we consider a ticket holder’s behaviour may affect others’ enjoyment of the performance. This includes if you are involved with abusive, threatening, drunken or other anti-social behaviour, or carry offensive weapons or illegal or prohibited substances or make unauthorised audio, video or photographic recordings.
- Please ensure you arrive on time. Whilst every effort will be made to admit latecomers at a suitable break in the event, admission cannot always be guaranteed
- If a customer experiences any problems with their seating or enjoyment prior to or during the event, the customer must inform venue staff immediately as issues cannot always be resolved after the event.
- The right to refuse admission to an event is reserved by the promoter and/or event venue, who may take health and safety, environmental and security concerns into account at their reasonable discretion and may from time to time carry out security searches.
- The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment is prohibited and any recordings may be destroyed. Laser pens, mobile phones, dogs (except guide dogs) and patrons’ own food and drink are also prohibited
- Ticket-holders consent to filming and sound recording as members of the audience. By attending the event, you consent to filming and sound recording of the audience.
- Ticket holders may only leave and re-enter the venue during an event at the discretion of the management of the venue. Otherwise, there will be no re-admission or pass-outs of any kind.
- For all performances, we advise that under 14s are accompanied by an adult (18+). Where an event has a specific age restriction (e.g. over 18s only) then this regulation takes precedence. Please note that Lighthouse cannot be held responsible for your children if unaccompanied by an adult. Parents are advised to check age guidelines in advance as not all performances are suitable for children. Age guidance will be published online and in brochures wherever possible. Parental discretion applies to all events.
- We appreciate audience members may wish to stand or dance during a performance. Please consider this when booking your tickets for an event. The Duty Manager will make the final decision whether this is appropriate dependent on the type of event. However, please be aware that the venue standing/dancing policy may be overruled on the day of the performance by the performance's promoter.