As a charity, every penny Lighthouse receives makes a difference. It helps us to bring outstanding performances to Poole, support emerging artists, offer world-class facilities and expand our learning and participation programme.

Artistic Programme

Lighthouse delivers an exciting and diverse artistic programme across music, drama, visual arts and circus arts, issuing over 200,000 tickets each year. We are a nationally important cultural building where creative work is made, rehearsed, discussed and shared. We are a place where our community present their work and where entire schools can showcase their talent in a professional performance environment – an experience never to be forgotten in anyone's lifetime.

Lighthouse produces 20% of its artistic output in house, while hosting world-class performers and up-and-coming artists and community performers for the remaining 80% of the time.

Learning and Participation

Alongside our programming activities, Lighthouse recognises the importance of providing opportunities for people within the community to participate in the arts, alongside developing the next generation of talented artists within the region. As part of our dynamic learning and participation programme, we provide talent development opportunities to young people interested in the arts – enabling them to learn from and engage with professionals in a real arts setting.

We also have our Partner Schools programme which has now grown to 10 schools from the local area. This gives opportunities for children, their teachers and their parents to engage more with Lighthouse. The programme includes schools attending performances and workshops and experiencing backstage tours and special screenings, and helps Lighthouse to learn and understand schools’ needs more fully.

Communities

As the key cultural hub in the region, Lighthouse plays a prominent role in leading wide scale regional projects. Most recently, this has included ‘Processions’ – a textile banner making project to commemorate the centenary of women gaining the right to vote. The project culminated in a march in London, where our participants joined thousands of other women from around the country. Other community projects have included taking over Hamworthy Park with the arrival of French circus company, Circa Tsuia and bringing the Roundabout pop-up theatre to Bournemouth’s Arts by the Sea Festival.

We have many ways that you can get involved and support Lighthouse. Any contribution, large or small, really does make a difference. If you would like to find out more about how you can support Lighthouse, please contact Tom Shallaker on 01202 781320 or tom.shallaker@lighthousepoole.co.uk

Love Lighthouse

Support Lighthouse and help us to enrich the lives of the local community through shared cultural experiences.

£10 could help support Lighthouse to provide dementia-friendly events throughout the year.

£25 could pay for essential maintenance to our building ensuring that we can keep our doors open for everyone in our community to meet, talk and learn

£50 could pay for a family of four to come to a show and experience live theatre together for the first time.

£100 could pay for Lighthouse to deliver a free workshop in one of our partner schools.

£1 £25 £50 £75 £100

Lighthouse is registered with the Fundraising Regulator and subscribes to the Fundraising Promise, which means we aim to ensure our fundraising is legal, open, honest and respectful.

Click here to find out more.

Fundraising Regulator