Join us for a morning session of fantastic speakers reviewing the outcomes of the Cultural Enquiry and find out about the BCP Cultural Collective - an independent body linking the Cultural Sector with Business, Healthcare and Education. Or come for the whole day and also enjoy four workshops dissecting the key themes of the Enquiry.
9:30 – 10:00 Registration
10:00 – 10:45 Introduction by Dick Penny (Former Watershed MD) and Isabel Garcia-Godoy (Arts University Bournemouth student)
- Councillor Vikki Slade (Leader of BCP Council) – Culture in the Conurbation
- Phil Gibby (Arts Council England) – BCP Cultural Compact
- Stuart Bartholomew (Chair of the Cultural Enquiry Steering Group Prof.)
- Dr. Tom Fleming (Tom Fleming Consultancy) – BCP Cultural Enquiry
10:45 – 11:20 Speakers:
- Prof. Emma Hunt (Arts University Bournemouth) – Talent
- Bill Cotton (BCP Council) – Infrastructure
- Phil Richardson (Our NHS Dorset) – Quality of Place
- Angus MacKechnie (Outdoor Arts UK) – Festivals
- Natasha Player (Umoja Arts Network) – Community and diversity
- Mark Cribb (Urban Guild) – Tourism and business
11:20 Tea break
Full day ticket also includes:
11:35 – 12:20 Workshop session 1
12:20 – 13:05 Workshop session 2
13:05 – 14:05 Lunch (menu available here) and networking
14:05 – 14:50 Workshop session 3
14:50 – 15:35 Workshop session 4
15:35 – 15:50 Tea break
15:50 – 16:50 Reflections on the day and feedback from workshop sessions
16:50 – 17:00 Thanks and wrap up by Dick Penny and Cllr Mark Howell (Deputy Leader of BCP Council and Cabinet Member for Regeneration & Culture)
17:00 – 18:00 Networking (drinks available to purchase in the bar)
Delegates attending the full day will take part in workshops on the three key themes identified in the Cultural Enquiry – Talent, Infrastructure and Quality of Place – and an additional workshop on Outdoor Festivals, identified as a development option for Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole. For more information see our website www.bcpculturalcollective.co.uk
Pre-booking essential (limited places available)
All Tickets are FREE
Book here for the morning session only
Book here for the full day (includes lunch)
- Delegate packs will be distributed electronically a week prior to the event (paper copies will NOT be available at the conference).
- The whole day is fully accessible. Please contact us about your accessibility needs including wheelchair spaces, signing for the deaf and large print. An accessibility guide is available here.
- For further information about the conference please contact email@example.com 01202 454746.
For those unable to attend the conference, a livestream of the morning speakers and afternoon wrap-up sessions, and a post-conference video of the same sessions will be available at www.bcpculturalcollective.co.uk. Online surveys on the four workshop topics and on the creation of a long-term cultural vision for Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole are available now at www.bcpculturalcollective.co.uk.