Having already announced a raft of new shows for 2021 in anticipation of the return of capacity audiences Lighthouse, Poole’s centre for the arts, is ready to take the next step by unveiling a second wave of top-flight entertainment.
The five new shows join those already on sale – Ray Mears: We Are Nature (20 February), Grace Petrie and the Resistance Band (4 March), Stewart Lee: Snowflake/Tornado (15 May), Rock of Ages: Here We Go Again (15-19 June) and Steve Hackett: Genesis Revisited Seconds Out + More (8 October).
Tickets go on sale this week for:
- Think Floyd. 11 March 2021. Concert Hall. A stunning celebration of the music of Pink Floyd performed by an extraordinary band regarded as the band’s finest UK’s tribute.
- The Drifters. Friday 9 April 2021. Concert Hall. The legendary group are back on the road with a new show performing all their hits from six decades of music making.
- Northern Live – Do I Love You. 16 April 2021. Theatre. A brand-new show with 11-piece live band celebrating the foot stompin’ hand clappin’ back flippin’ wonders of Northern Soul, the original sound of the underground as obscure 60s soul found a home on the dancefloors of the north.
- The Barricade Boys. 29 April 2021, Theatre. The West End ‘supergroup’ returns to Lighthouse with the Bring Him Home Tour, named after their extraordinary performance of the Les Mis classic in lockdown isolation.
- Coastal Comedy Colossal. 25 September 2021. Theatre. The monthly comedy club takes another step up with a new line up of top TV stand-up talent. Ivan Brackenbury headlines with Paul McCaffrey opening the show and Marlon Davis in between. Regular host Adrienne Coles comperes.
Tickets go on pre-sale to Lighthouse Friends only from Wednesday 26 August and on general sale from Friday 28 August. All tickets must be booked in advance at https://www.lighthousepoole.co.uk.
Subject to the latest safety guidelines, more shows will be announced in the coming weeks.
For details of Lighthouse Friends visit https://www.lighthousepoole.co.uk/support-lighthouse/.