This year was the first step in a new initiative that saw Lighthouse partner with seven schools from the local area; marking the realisation of a long-held ambition for us to reach out meaningfully to our community.
This partnership scheme has proved successful and has provided opportunities for young people, their teachers and their parents to engage more fully with Lighthouse. It has also helped Lighthouse to learn and understand schools’ needs more fully. Conceived with an understanding of the difficulties teachers face in finding and responding to offers we make, including attending performances and workshops, this approach has simplified that process, by creating personal relationships and mutual commitments.
As part of the programme, schools have been offered:
- Backstage tours – the chance to learn about the innermost workings of a professional arts venue
- Special Screenings – curriculum focused films for free at Lighthouse
- Complimentary tickets to ground breaking drama, dance, contemporary circus and physical theatre
- Priority access to workshops, events and projects
- Work experience – the opportunity for students to gain paid experience in a cultural venue
- The opportunity to host events at Lighthouse; including private film festivals, art exhibitions and performances
We are inviting schools to join this scheme and become official partners of Lighthouse for the 2018/19 academic year. If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to find out more, please email email@example.com by June 1st.
The partner schools for 2017/18 are: